The results of the JISC-funded Developing tools to inform the management of research and translating existing good practice project will be formally announced at a workshop at Imperial College London on Friday 27 August 2010.
The workshop will provide an opportunity to influence next steps and future plans. Attendees will:
- Receive a copy of the project report
- Find out more about the aims and outcomes of the project
- Discuss the most appropriate systems and tools needed to support for research management
- Contribute ideas about the future development of research systems
- Contribute to the ways in which some of the study’s recommendations might be taken forward
The workshop will be introduced by Professor John V. Wood CBE, Secretary General, Association of Commonwealth Universities.
Niels Weertman, Vice-President Product Management, Elsevier, will discuss the implications of the study’s findings for the future development of research information management tools and systems.
The workshop will close with a panel discussion. This will include:
- Joy van Baren, User Experience Portfolio Manager, Elsevier
- Nick Fowler, Director of Strategy, Elsevier
- Mary Phillips, Director of Research Planning, University College London
- Scott Rutherford, Head of Research Information Systems, Imperial College London
- Glenn Swafford, Director of Research Services, University of Oxford